The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.Job Description
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking Maintenance Workers / Line Techs to work at our facility in Muscatine, IA. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated and be willing to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- One must have performed work as a Mechanic, have comparable experience and/or demonstrated Technical abilities; internal screening may be used to determine skills as necessary
- Must be able to operate and maintain all equipment in assigned area
- Candidate must be able to train self/others on mechanical skills, mechanical repairs and overhauls, maintenance systems, computer skills; new technologies in preventive/predictive maintenance, problem solving/troubleshooting, etc. where skills are not at the required level
- Must be able to communicate and interact to coach team members on basic tasks in a professional manner
- Duties assigned such as, changeovers, center lining, FI events, and any task that requires a maintenance skill set.
We offer a variety of benefits depending on how you chose what is best for you, but what is offered are:
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- A shift differential for those who work second or third shift.
Work schedule varies. Must be able to work any shift needed, including overtime.
- 1st shift - Mon - Fri, 6am - 2:15pm
- 2nd shift - Mon - Fri, 2pm - 10:15pm
- 3rd shift - Mon - Fri, 10pm - 6:15am
**Start times can slightly vary depending on department or position**Plant & Community Overview:
Bullet points you may want to include are:
- Over 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW 431
- Original Construction1892
- 2nd Heinz Plant - First west ofMississippi.
- Opening in 1893 as Heinz Pickling Works.
- First Products: Sauerkraut, Horseradish,Pickles
- 1895 started TomatoProcessing
- Current Products: Ketchups, L&P, Heinz Homestyle Gravy, Single Serve Ketchup, 57 Sauce, and BBQ Sauces
Welcome to Muscatine, IA: Job Overview:
Are you ready to work at HJ Heinz's longest operating facility and join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a difference!
This is a combination of Maintenance Technician and Operator position and it will focus on line coverage in assigned area utilizing production and maintenance playbook processes and tools. Under the direction of production and maintenance supervision this position will be required to safely operate assigned equipment and maintain all line equipment. This person will mentor and coach line operators on maintenance and operational aspects of equipment and process controls.Responsibilities & Duties:
The Line Technician should be the initiator of activities and should facilitate use of team approach for Continuous Improvement and implement ideas. The LT should be familiar with all equipment to the point that he/she can make adjustments and repairs during its operation.
- Setup, Start-Up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown and Changeover as required by company standards and to minimize downtime, excluding sterilization, CIP and process start-up
- Support operational needs for mandatory quality and safety documentation and paperwork for department operations.
- Troubleshoot equipment performance issues in accordance with maintenance job classification, maintain and improve integrity and performance of all focus line/s equipment, and complete scheduled work orders
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance and Production Leadership any maintenance activities required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
- Utilizing Maintenance Windows/Scheduled downtime; perform preventive maintenance inspections and corrective work orders on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns. Participate in the development improvement of a documented 52-week maintenance plan as prescribed in the Playbook and residing in the SAP PM structure.
- Develop and implement improvements using the Breakdown Management process to prevent reoccurring equipment failures
- Utilize the SAP system to create notifications, perform and confirm completed work orders.
Location(s)Muscatine Maintenance WorkersEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment and system design through use of the team concept. Support project planning and execution
- Communicate with other line technicians on other shifts, as necessary, to ensure coordination of all maintenance efforts on assigned equipment and effectively operate as part of a team
- Support implementation of department ideas/suggestions
- Maintain a good working relationship with all employees on all shifts
- Conduct training for other associates in area of responsibility
- Conform to Kraft Heinz's policy and procedures including, but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Lock Out/Tag Out, HACCP check points, Kraft Heinz Quality Standards, Fall Protection, Hot Work, OSHA Regulations, and all others
- Report and correct unsafe acts and conditions
- Work with team to Optimize Product/Material sequencing to minimize changeover time
- Maintain equipment plus sustain a sanitary and clean environment during all phases of Production and Maintenance.
- Reports to Production/Maintenance Management and continually interacts with all hourly and salaried maintenance/production personnel in a professional manner.
- Will maintain assigned line(s) equipment; may operate and adjust any equipment in the area assigned; will react to machinery breakdowns and equipment problems in a proficient and positive manner and as directed by Operations/Maintenance Supervisors and/or designates.
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.