The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.Job Description
Under the leadership of the Plant Controller, this position supports the financial planning and reportingprocesses for Raw, Packaging, and Labor at the plant and works to maintain the integrity of all financial policies, internal controls, establishes operating budgets, and accurately forecasts and reports financial performance.
The position shares the responsibility for the financial performance of the facility; therefore he/she must drive accountability and search for ways to bridge any gaps.
Location(s)Muscatine FactoryEqual Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan (Raw, Packaging, and Labor), including product cost standards updates, bridging cost changes and preparing all applicable AOP schedules.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting of actual and forecasted costs (Raw, Packaging, and Labor), including the development and distribution of reports to plant manufacturing management.
- Perform Raw material analysis around yield drivers and waste.
- Analyze and interpret variances to target for direct expenses. Provide detailed report of variances and breakdown of KPI measures to plant management teams on a regular basis.
- Help identify and quantify savings surfaced by Continuous Improvement and Production teams, ensuring the values in 4 Site are current and represent the team's best thinking.
- Perform various financial analysis/scenario studies.
- Monitor facility's accounts payable process to ensure accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure completion of month end close requirements (journal entries, SAP, LPR) and monthly reporting of results including analysis of the drivers of results.
- Provide oversight and auditing of operational BOM accuracy throughout the year.
- Be an active member and contributor to the plantleadership team, including training and feedback to users of financial information and support of frontline leaders.
- Establish and maintain internal controls consistent with corporate requirements and good business practice.Ensure inventory controls are working effectively.
- Provide leadership for financial integrity, strong controls and transactional activities, including SAP daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting/Finance or similar degree
- Technical Learning Ability
- Good understanding of General Accounting and Cost Accounting principles.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strong controls environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work with information
- Strong ERP and financial system (SAP) background preferred.
- Proficient with software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including theability to create, modify and ensure accuracy of complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quality Orientation - Attention to detail
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness in the face of changing priorities and tasks, ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Teamwork/Collaboration - Working effectively with those outside the formal line of authority to accomplish organizational goals.
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.