Interstate Power Systems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, Carrier Transport Refrigeration, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, and Deutz Engines and Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Carrier Transport Refrigeration Technician to help us in that growth and earn a $3,000.00 Sign on Bonus!!!
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Carrier and Thermo King Refrigeration units
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components
- Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers
- Keep paperwork updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Work safely and follow company safety standards
- Maintain shop to a high standard of cleanliness
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Technical degree or certification a plus)
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience working with refrigeration units
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Ability to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs
- Use computers for web-based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Must have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a DOT approved physical
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical and HVAC experience
- EPA Certification with refrigerant a plus
- Ability to work independently in a field service environment, while displaying a professional and confident relationship with the customer
- Excellent compensation
- Continuing certification training
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.