Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units - Interstate Assembly Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Power Systems and I-State Truck Center.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Diesel Technician (Day Shift) to help us in that growth and could make up to $40/hour and $3,000 Sign on Bonus
Mechanic Job Duties
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all types of trucks
- Accurately and efficiently diagnose complex engine conditions and make necessary repairs.
- Communicate effectively with peers, foreman, and service team regarding those repairs.
- Quality control work performed to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
Mechanic Position Requirements
- Valid Driver's license (Bonus compensation for CDL holders)
- Must possess a good work ethic, a positive attitude, and be reliable.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of Detroit Diesel engines through the current GHG17 product.
- Experience with other engine platforms such as Cummins, CAT, & International are a plus.
- Other mechanical skills desired but not essential: Hydraulics, Brakes & Suspension, Manual Transmissions and drive train, automatic transmissions.
- This is an atmosphere that is driven by customer satisfaction, accuracy of diagnostics, and efficient repairs. If you feel like you have this to offer and more, please apply.
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Cummins engine knowledge
- Allison Transmission knowledge
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Tuition assistance
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.